- Savings found in the Criminal Sanctions Agency – The annual expenditure decreases by over five million euro
2 March 2012
- Criminal Sanctions Agency: Annual repot 2009 ‘Time of Unification’
20 July 2010
- The Prison Service and the Probation Service go down in history – The Criminal Sanctions Agency is the new authority of the criminal sanctions field
The Criminal Sanctions Agency informs on 30 December 2009
- Prison Service Cross of Merit to Scotland
- Chief Executive Officers of prison services assemble in Finland
- Prison Service reform was a vast challenge
Annual Report of the criminal sanctions field 2006
- The criminal sanctions field is facing changes
The annual report 2004 of the Prison and Probation Services has been published.
- Fewer offender than thought caught in prison cycle
The research carried out in the Criminal Sanctions Agency shows that of the offenders for the first time in prison back to prison return 35 % but only few of them end up in the actual prison cycle. Based on the results, the idea of the great probability of ending up in prison cycle is false. The research has been published in the publication series of the Criminal Sanctions Agency, and it can be read also in the Internet in the address www.rikosseuraamus.fi.
- Open institution prisoners to renovation work of the Nuuksio national park
The Criminal Sanctions Agency, the National Board of Forestry and Helsinki prison have made an agreement concerning the use of prisoner labour in the renovation work of the Nuuksio national park.
- Turku prison and Turku remand prison went into history: The prison of South western Finland started operations 1.6.2003
At the beginning of June, the prison of South western Finland started operations. In the beginning it meant that the organisations of Turku prison and Turku remand prison, situated on Turku Kakolanmäki hill, merged and began functioning under a new name. At the end of 2006, the institutions of Kakolanmäki will move to a new prison building to be built in Turku Saramäki.
- The new Vantaa Prison replaces Helsinki Remand Prison
The brand new Vantaa Prison replaces Helsinki Remand Prison in Katajanokka which is in a poor condition. It will incarcerate remand prisoners and, in addition, also answer for the prisoners’ transport in the Metropolitan area.
- Testing of GSM network positioning in the surveillance of prisoners expanded
Testing of GSM positioning systems for prisoners outside the prison area will be expanded to seven additional prisons. Up until now, the system has been tested in the Vanaja open prison section in Hämeenlinna. The testing has brought positive experiences: the new technology has not only increased security but also facilitated the work in the prison.
- Criminal Policy department and Criminal Sanctions Agency began operations 1.8.2001
The criminal political tasks of the administrative sector of the Ministry of Justice have been reorganised since the beginning of August. Then the two old organisations, rich in tradition, the Probation Association and the Prison Department, ceased to exist. The duties connected with the enforcement of sentences were transferred to the competence of a new central administrative board, the Criminal Sanctions Agency. In the Ministry of Justice the functions are directed by a new Criminal Policy Department.
- The Administrative Reform in Penal Policy
The tasks relating to criminal policy in the administrative sector of the Finnish Ministry of Justice will be reorganized on 1 August 2001.
<< Back - Print a page